International Discount Freight Shipping in Australia
Freight shipping in Australia is the only way for businesses to survive if they depend on exporting their goods to foreign countries. However, international freight can be quite expensive – especially for smaller businesses and start-ups. Finding sensible shipping solutions that will save you money is important for any business that wants to survive and continue to grow. Despite what you might believe there are ways of saving money when freight shipping – without having to compromise on quality service and/or confidence in your shipper. Although your international freight provider might not readily offer you the best shipping rates – if you have a budget in mind, there are ways of making your shipment costs fit within it.
International Freight Shipping in Australia
One of the easiest ways of cutting down on shipping costs is to opt for the least expensive form of shipping. If you have an international freight shipping need, then sending your shipment by sea is the most economical. If you are connected by land bridges to your ultimate destinations, then shipping by road is often the cheapest option. Find out what Freight Shipping Company in Australia would best work for your needs money-wise and then request that option. However, bear in mind that if your shipment is time-sensitive, you will most likely have to compromise cost for expediency.
International Freight Shipping From Australia
There are different types of containers available an those that provide the greater amount of security and protection for your Freight shipping in Australia will cost more than the others. Here we will look at four options when it comes to containers:
1- Closed container: most secure and protected option, but most expensive. Most commonly used sizes are 20 foot and 40 foot – but if you have a small shipment you may not need so much space.
2- Sharing a container: If your shipment is too small to warrant a regular container you can save money by requesting to share the container with another shipment heading to your same destination.
3- Smaller container: There are smaller container options that are available, however, they are not the cheapest option, but are a good compromise if you want the protection without the very big price.
4- Open pallet: An open pallet is exactly what its name implies – a pallet onto which your goods are stacked and then secured using cello-wrap or something similar. It is by far the cheapest option available, however, your goods must be very securely packed and it is best if the goods were not breakable.
The next way to save money when it comes to freight shipping is to request a longer or more circuitous route. If you are not in any hurry for your goods to arrive at their destination, then you can booked them on a carrier that will make several stops before reaching its ultimate destination. It is a good way of freight shipping your goods without having to pay the full, high price-tag that comes along with a direct shipment with no stops.
International Discount Freight Shipping in Australia
International freight shipping is a complex procedure that requires the services of an international freight forwarder.
A freight forwarder is essentially a company or a person whose duties are to organize shipments of corporations or individuals, and to get large orders from manufacturers to the market or to the final point of distribution.
Freight forwarders contract carriers to facilitate the shipment of goods. The forwarder himself is not a carrier per se, but is skilled in supply chain management. Basically, these forwarders can be thought of as a travel agency for the cargo industry or as a third party logistics provider.
Freight can be booked for a whole host of carrier types, which include ships, trucks, planes and railroads. Some shipments can use multiple carrier types on route before it reaches its designated destination.
Freight shipping calls for very specific documentation as it has to go through multiple custom checks before being allowed to pass through. The forwarder would organize the carriage of your international shipment, along with helping the handling and processing of all the necessary paperwork. International forwarders also make sure that your shipment is arriving at the correct place at the specified time.
An international freight forwarder should traditionally guide you through the complicated process of international shipping, as they are the experts on the international freight shipping process. This way you can understand and aid your shipment and your freight forwarding company can benefit from this information.
A day in the life of a freight forwarder would consist of the following tasks:
The primary task of a forwarder at work would be conversations and negotiations with clients and warehouses that they deal with worldwide. This is because they need to gather information for the purpose of passing it on to the concerned parties that they are doing business with or need to report to as authorities. These would include an SSL - Steam Ship Line, the United States Customs or they might even be the customer themselves.
Other tasks include ensuring that the freight being imported or exported by the client always gains entry into the country it is being forwarded to. The forwarder must always arrange for the freight in question to be picked up and delivered to the consignee's final place of business.
This would mean being in constant contact with trucking companies and rail lines to ensure that everything is operational and will reach the assigned designation in time.
With the advent of modern communication technology these tasks are relatively easier for the modern freight forwarder, which means that today, a typical forwarder would like most professionals, spend his day in front of a computer, where he controls and tracks the freights processing and progress.
Australia Freight Shipping in Australia
Selecting or finding a freight broker or transportation carrier is one of the most critical decisions you will make in your business.
Why? Because if your orders are not delivered on-time and in one piece or without damage you will have likely lost a customer. Like it or not freight shipping services can make or break your company and they are an extension of your business.
The trucking and transportation industry is huge. On a typical day in the USA, about 43 million tons of goods, valued at about $29 billion, moved nearly 12 billion ton-miles on the nation's interconnected transportation network. These domestic numbers are according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and give you a simple snapshot of the scope or importance of this sector. It is staggering how crucial this business is when it comes to moving our goods and it can literally cripple a nation if it is shutdown for any length of time.
First lets define freight shipping services, freight broker and some other terms used in the shipping industry.
- Truckload: This is where the amount of cargo typically fills the truck. The owner of the goods is paying the cost for a full load to go from point A to point B.
- Consignor: Shipper, person or firm (usually the seller) who delivers a consignment to a carrier for transporting it to a consignee (usually the buyer) named in the transportation documents. Ownership (title) of the goods remains with the consignor until the consignee pays for them in full.
- Consignee: the person to whom merchandise is delivered over to or receiver.
- TDG: Transportation of Dangerous Good. A regulation used to ensure safe delivery and identification of hazardous goods.
- WHMIS: The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada's national hazard communication standard. The key elements of the system are cautionary labelling of containers of WHMIS "controlled products", the provision of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and worker education and training programs.
- Intermodal: Is when your shipment involves more than one mode or form of transportation during it trip from origin to destination. Your shipment might start off on a truck, get loaded on rail then ultimately end up in an ocean carrier or a ship.
- Air Freight Services: Carriage paid for goods transported in aircraft or air cargo.
- Freight Broker: A freight broker is an individual or company that serves as a liaison between another individual or company that needs shipping services and an authorized motor carrier.
- Customs Broker: Assist importers and exporters in meeting Federal requirements governing imports and exports. Brokers submit necessary information and appropriate payments to regulatory bodies behalf of their clients and charge them a fee for this service.
- LTL: Less than Truckload.
- FOB Point: Free on board aka freight on board. This term determines when legal title of goods passes from shipper to buyer. This RFQPro provides a detailed explanation on the importance of FOB Points and how they work.
We have put together some tips we hope will help you make a decision regarding selecting the right freight shipping service for your organization.
- Request routing or coverage areas. Smaller firms interline or join forces with other networks.
- Ask about fleet size and number of employees. Do they own their own trucks, how big is their fleet and do they sub-contract work (independents). This may not matter to you but an actual employee of the company versus and independent contractor is the point we are raising.
- How long they have been in business.
- Request a copy of their Spill response plan.
- Emergency response plan.
- Do they have a safety coordinator on staff. How do they handle training. Get copies of all certifications for handling dangerous goods and proof of driver certifications. If you are shipping toilet paper this may not be on your priority list however if you are moving fuel, chemicals or any other products which could damage the environment much of the above applies.
- Safety Records - Sample of an accident investigation performed in their organization.
- Ask for their damage claim history.
- Copy of their liability insurance. You may wish to request anywhere from $5 - 10 million depending on commodities they ship on your behalf.
- Workers compensation coverage.
These are just a few of the areas you may wish to target in evaluating and selecting your service provider.
- cheap freight shipping usa Australia Australia
- cheap freight shipping usa Adelaide Australia
- discount freight shipping services Albany Australia
- discount freight forwarding Alice Springs Australia
- discount freight shipping quality Ballarat Australia
- discount freight shipping visa Bathurst Australia
- harbor freight discount code free shipping Bendigo Australia
- discount freight shipping quality Brisbane Australia
- discount freight shipping youtube Bunbury Australia
- discount freight shipping boxes Bundaberg Australia
- discount freight shipping companies Busselton Australia
- discount freight shipping quote Cairns Australia
- discount freight shipping zurich Central Coast Australia
- discount freight shipping wars Coffs Harbour Australia
- discount freight shipping wars Darwin Australia
- discount freight shipping prices Devonport Australia
- discount freight shipping visa Dubbo Australia
- harbor freight shipping discount Geelong Australia
- discount freight shipping online Geraldton Australia
- discount freight shipping rates Hervey Bay Australia
- cheap freight shipping usa Hobart Australia
- discount freight shipping bill Launceston Australia
- discount freight shipping Lismore Australia
- discount freight shipping services Mackay Australia
- discount freight shipping rates Melbourne Australia
- discount freight shipping services Melton Australia
- discount freight shipping schedule Mount Gambier Australia
- discount freight shipping companies Orange Australia
- discount freight shipping quality Perth Australia
- discount freight shipping companies Port Macquarie Australia
- cheap freight shipping usa Rockhampton Australia
- fedex freight employee shipping discount Sunshine Coast Australia
- freight shipping military discount Sydney Australia
- discount freight shipping rate Tamworth Australia
- discount freight shipping hours Toowoomba Australia
- discount freight shipping Townsville Australia
- discount international freight shipping Wagga Wagga Australia
- discount freight shipping quotes Warrnambool Australia
- discount freight shipping boxes Wollongong Australia